Cultural Heritage and Traditional Knowledge Management
ESS develops and implements customised databases for recording, storing and managing a broad range of cultural heritage information and traditional knowledge. These databases use a combination of web, database and mapping technologies to keep records of sites, tracks, places, language, stories, artefacts, traditional practices, seasons, plants, animals, traditional ecology, people and families (or whatever else our clients might want to record and store). A range of other materials including documents, photos, videos, reports can be attached to items within the database.
Any information recorded within the system is secure and private, however can be shared to different audiences at the client’s discretion.
- Secure, account-based protection of culturally sensitive information
- An interactive GIS/mapping interface that records and stores features such as sites, tracks and management zones
- Capacity to record and manage data relating to people, flora, fauna, museum collections and any other item or object
- Customised data entry forms that allows users to record and manage photos, videos, documents,reports, spreadsheets etc..
- Automatic imports of existing photos, videos and reports
- Capacity to integrate data collected from the field using smartphones and tablets
Who are using ESS Cultural heritage and Traditional Knowledge recording?