ESS is involved in developing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement (MERI) systems for land management organisations. Effective MERI frameworks are crucial components of successful natural and cultural heritage management. MERI systems are used by land management organisations, as they seek to ensure that all data that is captured through monitoring (and general work) is connected improving and maximising outcomes in line with the broad targets of the organisation. Our MERI systems improve work practice, while increasing transparency and accountability to external partners, including funding bodies.
- Systems that link monitoring and on-ground action with overall targets
- Ability to monitor and measure performance against these targets
- Collaborative development of indicators for measuring performance and outcomes
- Implementation of effective monitoring methods and technologies to produce meaningful data through which evaluations can be made
- Provision of dashboards and other reporting tools for communicating outcomes and performance to a variety of audiences